Tune in to this episode of Retail Corner as Amy Alabaster, Senior Vice President of Global Sales at UPPAbaby, shares invaluable insights. Drawing from the D2C playbook, she delves into the world of winning strategies and the challenges involved in crafting a victorious brand. You will listen to our host talking with Amy on the following points:
- Could you give the audience some insights into your background, roles, and responsibilities as the Senior Vice President of Global Sales at UPPAbaby?
- Considering the changing retail landscape and disruptive trends, how do you define what makes a brand successful in today’s market?
- Can you discuss the shift from a wholesale-focused distribution model to incorporating direct-to-consumer channels for your brand? What were the key factors that influenced this decision?
- What role does advocacy play in building a brand, and how do you approach creating non-advertising-driven brand awareness and loyalty?
- Could you explain the difference between grassroots initiatives and paid advertising in terms of brand promotion? Which approach do you find more impactful, and why?
- What are the key challenges and opportunities in the current brand management landscape, and how do you stay ahead of the curve in such a dynamic industry?
- How important is mentorship in your life? Has there been a specific individual who has greatly influenced you? What advice would you offer to someone who is embarking on their career journey?
About our guest, Amy Alabaster:
Amy Alabaster, Senior Vice President of Global Sales for UPPAbaby, brings more than two decades of leadership experience in the luxury lifestyle and retail goods space. A graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Business with a concentration in sales and marketing, Amy has focused her career path on her ultimate passion: building brands with purpose and leading teams through vision. Prior to joining UPPAbaby, Amy held executive roles at fast-growing consumer brands such as Shinola, an American lifestyle brand known for its watches and leather goods, and ViewPoint, a full-service sales and marketing division for many prestigious designer collections.
About Retail Corner Podcast:
Host: Carlos Diaz
Producer: Sachin Kumar Bhate
Podcast Sponsor: Proxima360
Listen to other podcasts at: https://proxima360.com/retail-corner.podcast
Subscribe our Podcast: Apple iTunes: https://apple.co/3eoeUdT
Google Podcast: https://bit.ly/3DFHXHw
Amazon Music: https://amzn.to/3tkbhk1
Interested in being on our podcast?
Submit request at: firstname.lastname@example.org