In this episode of Retail Corner, listen to Jessica Rennard, Chief Merchandising Officer at Helpsy, a certified B corp and clothing collection and resale company whose mission is to keep clothing out of the landfill. Jessica puts focus on the business decision process and its efficacy on data versus gut feeling. You will listen to our host talking with Jessica on the following points:
- With so many moving parts, how are you using data to provide the best for your customers?
- Since this is such a tech endeavor that deals with the details of fashion, how do you balance the two sides of the equation between head and heart? (or gut vs data)
- Customer acquisition and care sounds like a huge part of what you are getting right. What do you think is the secret to helping your customers help others? (giving more data to sellers)
- All of this alone would be a great and complicated business, but there is a deeper reason you are doing this, Right? (sustainability – Extending lifecycle – Corporate certification )
- For some of our listeners that may not be aware… Where does Helpsy fit into the retail landscape?
About our guest Jessica Rennard:
Jessica Rennard is passionate about extending the life cycle of secondhand clothing. She has worked in the resale market for the majority of her career, and has helped develop the industry. In 2020 she launched a secondhand business that supplies inventory to casual sellers that utilize reCommerce marketplaces. She now works for Helpsy as Chief Merchandising Officer – a certified B corp and clothing collection and resale company whose mission is to keep clothing out of the landfill. She holds a Master’s in Public Administration and believes that Helpsy’s role in the circular economy plays a role in strengthening modern society.
About Retail Corner Podcast:
Host: Carlos Diaz
Producer: Sachin Kumar Bhate
Listen to other podcasts at: https://retailcorner.live
Subscribe our Podcast: Apple iTunes: https://apple.co/3eoeUdT
Google Podcast: https://bit.ly/3DFHXHw
Amazon Music: https://amzn.to/3tkbhk1
Interested in being on our podcast?
Submit request at: https://www.retailcorner.live/guests/intake/ or email email@example.com